Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 77

Hey mom!!

So this week was great! T passed his baptismal interview which was awesome! We are very excited for him. He's been telling everyone in our ward about his baptism so hopefully it's a good turn out :) We also picked up some really really cool new investigators this week which was just what we needed. We have some high goals set, so we need a lot of solid people to achieve them! C, who was the one who just showed up to church last week came again this week and has been reading from the Book of Mormon quite a bit and is really enjoying it which is great! Our investigator E who is J's cousin came to church as well and he's been going each Wednesday for YM to play basketball which has helped him a lot! That social conversion is very important in missionary work. B is still working hard to get work off, but she's been reading a lot a lot and we've been getting lots of members over with us to help us teach so that when she can come she'll know lots of members and hit the ground running. We have a dinner with her and the 2nd counselor in the bishopric and his family this Tuesday which will be great. So overall, things are going very well! I studied "meekness" a lot this week and found some cool things! In the topical guide it links "meekness" with "teachable". In the scriptures is says often that it's the "Meek and lowly in heart" that will inherit the kingdom of our Father. Well I studied further and we become more meek through repentance. So this week, I've been trying very hard to repent more of all I do wrong. I've noticed more of the mistakes I make, but I've also seen myself get stronger as I repent right away of little habits or wrong things I do. I'm more aware of my thoughts and actions and its been helping me a lot!

I'm glad to hear you had fun in Boston! How did Stevo play? I miss you so much! Thanks for the package! I've been gaining some weight back little by little ☺️☺️

I love youuuu❤️

Love Elder Ashworth☺️❤️
Selfie stick fun!


Preparing Tom for his baptism!


Sushi!




Took Sebastian out to a lesson with a strait Rastafarian Jamaican guy!

Mission life can be tough sometimes ;) This was at our investigator Toms house!


We decided to sit up as high as we could so our heads would touch the ceiling so people we
drove by would think we were 7 feet tall. We got some funny looks!


No comments:

Post a Comment