Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 55

MOM!!!

So this week overall was really good! We continue to get a lot of members out with us which always helps! H did get baptized on Saturday which was awesome!! That whole thing is just such a miracle. How we found her, how quick she progressed because she was taught before, it all worked out so perfectly! You could tell she was pretty nervous but after she received the Holy Ghost on Sunday she was super excited and you could tell she had received confirmation from the Holy Ghost that she had made the right decision. I was able to go on some exchanges with two brand new Elders this week and it was really fun. It was fun to think back to when I was brand new and the emotions and nerves that we're going through my head at that time. I was able to lend some good advice I think that hopefully will help them. We also had a cool miracle with one of our members just last night. He called us and asked if we would come with him to give his father-in-law who isn't a member a blessing because he's going into Chemo tomorrow. We were able to bare strong testimony of the power of the priesthood and how it has been restored upon the earth today through the Prophet Joseph Smith and how this message can truly bless him! He agreed to let the missionaries in his area come back and teach him more which was awesome! He was a super humble guy and was really open to it all so I'm sure he'll progress well!

So how are all the kids sports going?? I miss going to their games! I really did love being around the family. I miss going to Gunlock and just being with you guys. Ya I did like being away to but I do miss being with all you guys.

I hope you guys have a great week!! Thank you for all you do! It was interesting because I was sitting in bed thinking about all the miracles I have seen in this area and I came to the conclusion that it's the members who fulfill their callings and do their home teaching that receive missionary opportunities. We need to fulfill our callings and do our home and visiting teaching 100% of the time! Excuses are of the devil! How are we gonna be trusted to watch over our own worlds and spirit children if we can't even keep in touch and care for 2-3 families that live within 10 miles of us? I'm excited to receive a calling when I come home and do my calling that I receive to the fullest! I love love love reading my scriptures and reading about the great examples that the prophets of old have set for us! I was reading about Samuel the Lamanite and he was one of the most faithful servants God has ever had. It made me want to become better.
I love you soooo much!! Have a great week and know that I love you!!

Love Your Son Elder Ashworth







No comments:

Post a Comment