Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 82

Hey Mom!! I've missed you this week! I'm suuuperrrr pumped that LP won regions! I really really hope they can win state! All the boys are getting sooo big! It's crazy!

So this week was great! Our investigator named V got baptized and that was obviously great!! Those experiences are always testimony builders. We're working with some more cool people right now so we're pretty sure that March will be a great month for us as well! Plus, It's my birthday that month so it's gotta be good right?! Haha There was a guy in Gospel Principles class that talked about how he went to speak with the bishop and asked "Bishop, how do I pay tithing? Do I pay net, or do I pay gross?" And the bishop quickly responded "Well, do you want net blessings, or gross blessings?" And that is sooo true! The level and intensity in which we keep the commandments will ALWAYS correlate with the level and intensity of the blessings our Heavenly Father grants unto us.

D&C 130:
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated--
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

I know that obedience brings blessings, but that exact obedience brings miracles. We all need to "Hunger & Thirst After Righteousness" as it talks about in 3 Nephi 12:11, and we need to do it because we love our Heavenly Father. As we were sitting in Presidents home listening to the missionaries who just left bare their testimony there was a missionary who was very emotional about leaving and about how much he loved his mission and those he served with and around. He then said something very profound yet very simple. He said "I know that Jesus Christ lives and I will GLADLY do what he asks of me.... Because I love him..." That one sentence hit me so hard and made me really think to myself about WHY I keep the commandments. I would invite you to do the same.

I love you so much Mom! Thanks for all you do for me!☺️😘❤️ I hope you have a great day!

Love Elder Ashworth☺️❤️

We had to go on exchanges on the baptism day because we haven't had
time to do all the exchanges needed. So Elder Thornock got to find,
teach, and baptize with me all on one exchange!

Got on the bikes to get some fresh air and get out of the car!


Shawn baptized our investigator who speaks English, and Brother Martinez
our ward mission leader baptized his dad who speaks Spanish.


Shawn and Victor!
 A member we had dinner with had a little rope swing thing that was pretty fun. You can't really tell from the pics but I was getting up to like 3 feet of air ;) (Napoleon Dynamite quote)






No comments:

Post a Comment