Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 101

Hey mom!!

So my wallet was taken from the apartment the clubhouse. We went there to do something called "my plan" I accidentally left without it. Well 45 min later we went back cuz I noticed that I didn't have it and within those 45 min it was stolen πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“ Such a rough day! But mom, seriously THANK YOUUUU for helping me out so much with it all even tho you were packing and preparing for Gunlock! I am sooo sorry to add this stress to you! I got the package and found my high school class ID so I should be good! ☺️☺️😘hopefully they will let me on the airplane and I'll still see you the 25th!

I tried to go get a new debit card but they have to have ID and have to send the new cards to our home address. So this week was great! It seemed super long day by day, but looking back it zoomed by. It's been hitting record heats lately so the sun is draining all of us extra quick! We find ourselves just taking 2 extra minutes to soak up the AC while we've got it in the car before we go out to teach a Haitian that doesn't use AC in their house!! Almost ever day this week it got up to 108 degrees with 75-90% of humidity!! It was hot hot hot! But we managed to get through! Some cool miracles is that our investigator Bryce is getting baptized on the 17th! He is such a miracle find! He knew nothing about God or anything like that about 3 weeks ago. Now, he remembers everything we teach him and loves coming to church and being with the members! He reads everything we leave him and has so much sincerity and real intent! I'm very excited for him! The Holy Ghost as his constant companion will only boost this desire to learn and improve! Another Cool miracle is that basically all our less actives showed up that we're teaching!! The chapel is beginning to get more and more full each week! It's very cool to watch! Last but not least is De-Shawn. He isn't a member but is totally ready to be! But his mom, who's active, for the longest time didn't want to let him be baptized until she fully felt that he was ready. We tried soooo many different things to help her see that he was ready but none of them seemed to work! So we had Bishop meet with her this week and basically explain how he is ready and how she's holding him back from a lot of blessings! And it worked!!! She said she'll let him pick his own date to be baptized and she'll fully support him in it!!! So that was another miracle! Overall, things are great like usual. There's some bad and tough hours. There's some bad and rough days. But as long as you end your day by reading from the Book of Mormon, reflecting on all that you have, and smiling, then each day can be great! That's something I've been trying to do more lately. I haven't been perfect at it, but I'm getting better!

I love you mom!! Have fun in Gunlock for the 4th!! I love you!

Love Elder Ashworth

Lifting up a rock for a less active and moving it back to where
it rolled down from cuz of the rain storm!

Chancho teaches in styleeee #GQModel

He's the King of this companionship πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

He put on a funny hat so I had to get a good pic with him as he was eating
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚



No comments:

Post a Comment