Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 102

Soooo glad to hear your trip went well!! I want some vids of Stevo!! I'd appreciate it! I can't believe they talked you into going on tower of terror again!!😂😂😂 How was it?? Any better? ☺️☺️

So this week was full of lots of miracles! Bryce Duff passed his baptismal interview which is great! Deshawn Gayles mom finally met with bishop and we're having his interview this week as well! We had this family named the Queens call us and tell us to come over on Saturday to teach this lady named Marie Kyle! I've taught her and been in contact with her since I first got here. She's been so so so hard to get into contact with and meet with but I knew the Queens were teaching her when they'd see her so I just waited till she was ready. Well she's ready. She has read all of the gospel principles manual, all the Book of Mormon, and a lot of the doctrine and covenants and other teachings of the prophets. She knew everything already and so she's getting baptized on the 24th, the last day of my mission!! Her interview is this week as well! Soooo it's gonna be a great last night here in Orlando!! The less actives are still coming to church and things are going great! We also had a Haitian investigator and her mom go on a church tour with us on Saturday. Well we pull up to the church and the other elders had a member waiting at the church to pick them up for dinner who just happened to be Haitian as well! So we stole him real quick and he was a bomb member present. Well they said they had their other church they always go to @ 10 so they could only come to our first hour. Ends up
that they felt so welcomed because of all the Haitian members we had fellowship them that they skipped their other church and stayed for all 3 hours! We talked to her after church and she said "Wow, I feel so at home here" That is the gospel and the church in a nutshell, it's our home. We need to feel just as comfortable at church as we do in our own homes. So this week we'll set a baptismal date with them as well! Last but not least is Jackie Fernandez. She came to church again, we took the relief society president out to a lesson with her and she'll be baptize in August! We and the relief society Pres and her husband and Jackie all went to the BYU football fireside last night and she loved it! The new coach is so awesome! It made me pumped for the gospel and upcoming football season! The spirit was strong and she can't deny it. She's sooo solid! I'm excited for the next elders that serve here to baptize her! Hopefully Chancho can stay here and baptize her and learn some Spanish from her since he's full blood Mexican and doesn't speak a lick of Spanish! Haha things are going great and I'm excited for the upcoming miracles!!

I hope you guys drive home safely today! There's an event at the church today, so we can't play basketball for a couple hours! Tell Stevo I said congrats and I'm super super proud and happy for him!

Love Elder Ashworth❤️

Saw Riley Job a youth that I got super close with back in St Cloud!
Sandy is his grandma! So it's cool that I got to baptize her!

Momma Senden surprised me with a visit to our ward!!
 Haha she's so awesome and funny!
Us at a Mexican restaurant in honor of Chonco 😂

 Took a nice stop at the police headquarters to pick up my case report so I can get on the plane!

Me and Chancho!

Getting ready for Powell 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment