Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 15

So I did get a new comp this week, his name is Elder Norton. He is a really nice kid. It was really hard for me to adjust the first few days but i'm good now. We have been teaching a lot and finding a lot of new people, its been really cool! Last night we decided to stop by on a kinda flakie investigator, he was outside drinking so we asked if we could sit down for a minute and share a quick message with him. (They're never that quick, we just have to say that so they'll agree;) haha but so we sat down and right after the opening prayer his friend walked in! We instantly asked him to join in with us and we shared with them the plan of salvation. The spirit was so strong. They were both so into the lesson and what we had to say I knew that it was the spirit speaking to their hearts. We ended up getting a decent amount of investigators and a lot of less actives to church yesterday. Well we didn’t, God did, but we did verbally invite them :) We were giving one of them named J a church tour after who has a baptismal date for December 13th and one of the members came up to him and said "Hey you're J right?" he said “Ya!" The member said well "welcome! I hear you're getting baptized soon!" Juan then said "Ya I'm getting baptized December 13th!" It was soooo cool hearing him talk about his own baptism. He is really prepared.

We also were sitting in sacrament meeting and next thing we know we get a text from the sister missionaries about a guy who was sitting right behind us who was a former investigator who had moved into our area. We talked to him after and he said he had to go but really wanted to meet with us and gave us a envelope to give to the bishop. We said we would and scheduled a day to meet with him this week. Well turns out that he's been taught almost everything and that that envelope was TITHING!!! He isn't even baptized yet but he's already paying tithing! Man, God is so real!:) haha we were so excited! I wish i could tell you all the stories but that would take a while. We are seeing so many miracles in this area right now. I dont know why Heavenly Father is blessing us this much right now but I'm going to make sure I'm doing everything I can to continue to be worthy of these types of blessings.

I did get all those things your packages!! Thank you so much for the duvet, I sleep like a baby:) My comp is kind of jelly cuz of how comfy i look at night:) haha thank you soooo much for all the support and prayers, I can definitely feel them! Love you tons!

Love Elder Ashworth

No comments:

Post a Comment