Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 16

I heard Steven made the LP Varsity Basketball Team!! Thats so awesome!! Man am I proud of him:) Thanks for the greenie package ;) haha I loved it! The new bed stuff is keeping me nice and toasty which is good! Its been warming up a bit, but its suppose to get really cold tomorrow! The Elders Quorum President is coming to Utah this next week and his sister lives right down by the Stroms kind of! I gave him your guys numbers and told him to call you! His name is Darren Lofthouse, He's a really nice guy! His wife is spanish and kind of reminds me of you (Because she’s really tan) :) Let me know if you guys meet! 

So this week was really good. We had a couple investigators show up to church again which was awesome! The work is moving forward quick here. We have a good amount of baptismal dates set for December so it should be a great upcoming month! This past week we taught our investigator J the law of chastity. He told us in the past that his fiancee' would sleep over at times so we were a bit nervous that this would hold him back a little. When we explained the law of chastity and the blessings that come from it you could tell he was thinking hard about it. We told him strait up "Look, in order to progress towards baptism you cant be sexually active with your fiance and she cant sleep over anymore, so J, will you commit to live the law of chastity" without any hesitation he said yes and that he would let his fiance know of the changes that were going to need to happen! It was so cool! I know the spirit testified to him that what we were telling him would bless him. So my new comp has been out 9 months, he said he hasn’t seen a ton of success though and wants that to change. I feel like we were put together for that exact reason, so we could see success together. We also have two young kids named K and R who are progressing really well too! The ward is doing well at fellowshipping them which is awesome! 

This work is so amazing. I’m constantly asking myself if I’m doing everything I can to be the best missionary possible. I feel like I’m working pretty hard because I can barley stay awake during nightly planning. Days are flying by, it’s nuts. I feel like I don’t have enought time to get done all the work that needs to be done, but I’m trying my very hardest to do all I can. I love you so much! Thank you for all the support and prayers, I can definitely feel them! Be good and keep me posted on anything new that happens. 

Love your son Elder Ashworth
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment