Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 14

 Hey!!! Ya the Jones are such great people! They were the first people to ever feed me! I remember going to their house my first day here and just feeling super overwhelmed. They helped me feel right at home which was very helpful.

So ya Elder Hemsley is getting transferred :( We are doing so well together right now. I want him to stay one more. It's ok though, we are both moving on to bigger and better things. I’m excited to find out who my next companion is next transfer! Our teaching pool is pretty big right now so we can just hit the ground running.

So ya its freezing cold here in the mornings! Since our house was built by the Lamanites when they first got here we have absolutely no insulation. Every morning we wake up our house is like 59 degrees!! I just kneel on my bed to say my morning prayers cuz im to cold to get on the wood floor. I would really appreciate some sweaters. Mainly black gray and blue would match best.

So this past week we got a lot of work done. It’s crazy to see how much Heavenly Father has His hand in the work. These are not our investigators, they are his. We are just acting as a mouth peace for him. Its so humbling to see these people progress even though we aren't the best teachers. I know its because God is softening their hearts for us. We were able to set some more baptismal dates which is awesome. The next two transfers should be really good. It’s crazy to think two transfers are already done. I dont feel like I have enough time to accomplish all the things I want to accomplish.

This past week I have been studying a lot about fear. Fear is what holds us all back. It is the opposite of faith. It is the main tool that satan uses to stop the work of salvation. I hate how he uses it, especially on our investigators. If we could all just move forward with complete faith and trust in the Lord the work would progress a lot quicker, especially member work. This ward is awesome but not great at giving referrals. We are trying to work with as many members as possible to get them to invite their friends to meet with us. Its ok though, they are all such great people.

So I kinda need a GPS for the car for this next transfer. Trying to get to zone conferences and stuff is crazy! There are so many toll roads here that we don't take so I get super messed up direction wise. Another thing I was thinking would be cool would be a new tie every transfer from you guys. It doesn't have to be nice, just one that i can write "transfer 1" or "transfer 5" on so i can remember when i got that tie.

The work is moving forward here! I love being out sooooo much! Thank you all for all the support! Tell the Wakefield's, I loved the package, funny memories :) HAHA.  Tell Grandma and Grandpa, Kristen, and the Fackrell's all thank you for the packages too! They make my week! Love you all so much!

Love Elder Ashworth

Halloween


No comments:

Post a Comment