Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 9

Dear Momma Bear

This week has been amazing! Everyday its rained which I love! I love the rain so much. I made my trainer go out and track in the rain because riding the bike in the rain is way fun and i hate sitting inside just making phone calls haha. He was afraid that we were gonna get sick but i trusted in the Lord more then he did and knew we wouldn't :) Well last night i threw up from biking in the rain all day.... haha jk jk! (I crack myself up sometimes)

So im still with the same Comp Elder Hemsley. He just got called to be district leader which is really cool! He's a great missionary and now i get to go on exchanges with all the district and the Zone Leaders which will be cool. I'm trying to learn as much as i can these next couple months so i can hit my peak earlier and stay there for as long as i can. This week we went over to N and taught him about the word of wisdom. We then figured out that he's been struggling with his baptismal date. He doesn't feel like hes received and answer yet. He trusts us with all his heart because he says he can just tell we are good guys. So right now we are working on him get his own answer so he can hopefully still get baptized on the 11th.

Yesterday we were suppose to have 4 investigators show up and one family.... well none of them showed and I was kinda down on myself. We emphasized how church is one of the greatest places to receive answers from our heavenly father. So i thought that my whole Sunday was going to be bad but then 30 min before church got out we got a text from one of our new investigators C that she was outside! So we ran out there and just gave her a quick tour of the church. Everyone was saying hello to her and i could tell by her smile that she felt very welcomed. Another great thing was that right after church yesterday there was a member baptism! So we got C to stay and watch that! I know that was some hard core divine intervention.

We are seeing miracles everyday out here and its awesome! I love it so much. I hit the pillow every night and pass out. Im working as hard as i possibly can and I'm seeing miracles come from it! I read over the story of The brother of Jared today and it just reminded me how much faith plays a part in all of our lives. Without faith, life would basically suck. Glad everything's great back at home! I fixed my shoe with some super glue but now the heel fell off so I'm gonna have to fix that :) haha Love you all so much!!!

Love Elder Ashworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment