Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 19

Thats crazy that Kassi and Erik are home! I can't believe it. I swear it was last Christmas that I said good bye to Erik and right before I left that I said goodbye to Kassi! So ya this past week we have been showing the video “He is the Gift" http://www.mormon.org/christmas  to everyone we come in contact with pretty much! We have gained a couple new investigators from it as well which is cool! The video is so inspiring. Christmas is supposed to be all about Christ but unfortunately its not quite like that in this world. I think this is going to be one of the best Christmas's ever because all I think and talk about pretty much is Christ and his teachings. I was thinking about it and not being around the media and seeing all the Christmas commercials and presents has really made me forget about all of the worldly things about it. The only thing I want for Christmas is for all of the people we are working with to progress and keep their commitments. I see people with the new iPhone, the new Corvette Stingrays and Porsche twin turbos and it doesn't amuse me as much as it used to. Ya they look cool and would be fun to drive but truly none of that stuff matters... at all. 

This past week has flown by. Satan is hittin our investigators hard right now so we had a fast for some of them yesterday. We and they know that all of it is happening because satan knows its true and doesnt want them to join, but its still frustrating at times. We are working really really hard though. Their isn't a second where im not mentally and physically tired. It's kinda cool though, It shows that there is hard work being done. We were directed by the spirit to go visit some less actives this week and talk with them a little and guess what, they showed up!:) One of them has a husband that is not a member who usually hates missionaries but he allowed us to come help him put Christmas lights on his bushes! 

So my finger is doing fine! It doesn't hurt much and I have another check up on it next week! Thank you for all the packages!! theres one thing that was weird about them though... YOU SENT ME ACTUAL TEA!!! Haha you must miss me a lot if you're tryin to get me sent home early!!! Haha I was like "What the heck... is my family going less active on me? I mean I know Dad likes to watch golf on Sunday but they were doing great when i left" Hahahaha man im still laughing over it!! So im sending a package home this week. It will be pretty heavy! Don't open it until we Skype so I can watch you guys open it!:) I love you guys so much!!! Time is going by way to fast mom... It's crazy. I miss you guys but love my mission more ;) ;) hahaha 

LOVE YAAAAAA
Elder Ashworth
From Denise:  So I found out Amazon.com sends pantry foods.  I thought it would be nice to send Elder Ashworth some food so I clicked and ordered away.  Well, they must have been out of something I ordered and threw in some iced tea thinking we wouldn’t notice HAHA (I checked my order and for sure DID NOT order tea)  We all thought it was hilarious!!! 


The Clermont Ward Christmas Party


Looks like Elder Ashworth's broken fingers are healing nicely haha!! He is so crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment