Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 32

Mom!! 

How was your week?? I did get your letter and dads! Thank you so much for those :) I love reading letters from you guys! 

So this week has been really good! I found out that I'm getting transferred! :( I'm excited but also bummed! I have loved college park so much! Working with college aged students has been such a blessing! All these kids here on campus have showed me exactly where I DON'T  want to be in life! Haha most of the kids here just party and switch majors each year until they finally just give up and go work at Walmart and subway. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld 😄) But no seriously, there are some super cool kids here on campus. The Ward is all so cool and chill people and so willing to help! Many aspects of missionary work like getting members out to lessons and getting good fellowship for them at church is much easier then in family wards, but other aspects such as the organization and the sincerity of these investigators and the ward is much more difficult. It's been such an amazing experience here though. It seems like just yesterday I arrived... And now I'm already leaving. I'm super pumped for my next area though! I love getting to know new people and I'm sure I'll get put back into a family ward again which will be great! Time is just flying by so dagg gum quick! It's crazy! I don't like it. This is my life now. I couldn't imagine anything different or better. I think I'm becoming more of a consecrated missionary each and every day. I hope I am. Just seeing these people's lives truly change and to see how much I have matured is so crazy. All the non members out there truly don't understand how much they are missing. We have a Prophet of God on the earth... Right now... Today.... Leading and guiding Christ’s church to perfect and unify all of us, the body of Christ. We have the literal power and authority of God to Baptize, to heal the sick, to perform essential sacred ordinances necessary for exaltation.... No other church on the planet has that. We have temples (which is central to everything we do in the church) on the earth today! We can literally enter THEE House of the Lord if worthy and feel closer to him then we ever could anywhere else!! We have the ability to save the eternal lives of those in the past who never had that chance to hear the gospel.   It just blows my mind how much I as a young kid and still today take for granted. How lucky am I to be able to be born into The Church Of Jesus Christ?? Man, it just blows my mind! I hope you have a great week! Don't forget to read your scriptures everyday this week and pray morning and night :) 

I love you mom!! Thank you for all the support! I'll let you know my new address!! Elder Cooper who could be my next comp says hello by the way :) tell all the boys I said hello and to keep up all the hard work! I can't believe how much I'm not actually missing... Haha like I thought I would be missing a lot back home but I'm really just missing the basics. The kids games, shopping with you, and dad crashing his RC planes :) HAHA. I really am bummed though that I won't get to see the triplets get the priesthood! Love ya Denise 😘😘 

Love your son Elder Ashworth
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment